Rise Up is dedicated to empowering leaders and enhancing their capacity to drive positive change in their communities. We accomplish this by offering comprehensive training, financial support, and vital resources. Our goal is to bolster organisations, enable leaders to spearhead transformative actions in their localities, and amplify their influence at state, national, and local levels. Our focus areas include improving programs and funding for the betterment of girls and women.
Through a competitive selection process, Rise Up will choose 25 civil society leaders from Nigeria to participate in our intensive Advocacy and Leadership Accelerator program. This program equips participants to achieve significant policy victories that enhance women and girls’ access to education, healthcare, and economic opportunities in the Abuja Federal Capital Territory, Nasarawa, and Kaduna States.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a civil society leader between 18 and 60 years old.
- Currently employed in Abuja FCT, Nasarawa, or Kaduna States, Nigeria.
- Possess a personal commitment to promoting gender equity, particularly in the areas of health, education, and economic opportunities for girls and women. For this cohort, we are particularly interested in leaders with a focus on economic opportunities, such as advocating for women’s access to credit, job training, land rights, inheritance rights, and more.
- Represent or work closely with marginalized groups from socially or economically disadvantaged communities, women and girls with disabilities, ethnic and/or religious minorities, and historically disadvantaged populations.
- Be available to attend an in-person workshop from March 3-9, 2024, with some virtual sessions before and after the workshop. Rise Up will cover all expenses related to program participation, including transportation, accommodation, meals, materials, and internet costs.
- Currently employed at a non-profit organization, civil society organization, media outlet, or government organization at a coordination or management level, with some decision-making authority.
- Have the support of your organization’s leadership to participate in the Advocacy and Leadership Accelerator.
- To be eligible for a grant, organizations must be legally registered in the country and able to receive international funds. Unregistered entities can be sponsored by another financial organization or fiscal sponsor. Please note that government organizations are not eligible for grants through this program.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English is required.
HOW TO APPLY FOR RISE UP ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
To apply, CLICK HERE
For additional information, please visit our website at https://riseuptogether.org/ or reach out to the Rise Up Nigeria Country Director, Theresa Effa, at NigeriaRep@riseuptogether.org. You can also copy Rahila James at NigeriaAdmin@riseuptogether.org and Rahwa Hassen at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
The application deadline for the Rise Up Leader position is Sunday, November 26, 2023.
Thank you for your application, and we wish you the best of luck in your endeavor!
Please note that it’s advisable to save your progress frequently while completing this application. To save your work, click “Save my progress and return later” at the top or bottom of the page and enter your email and password twice. This will ensure your work is saved, and you can access it at any time using the link provided in your email. If you encounter any issues or have questions, please reach out to your program manager. For assistance with accessing your saved form, please contact us at SFAdmin@riseuptogether.org.