The Aspire Coronation Trust (ACT) Foundation is a philanthropic organization founded in 2016 with a primary objective of providing support to nonprofit and social enterprise entities at local, national, and regional levels across the African continent. The organization’s mission centers on addressing various challenges and vulnerabilities prevalent in Africa.
ACT Foundation is dedicated to endorsing sustainable, high-impact endeavors that offer innovative solutions to the social, economic, and environmental issues faced by the African populace. Their overarching vision is to harness partnerships and connections to forge effective solutions for social impact throughout Africa. Their unwavering commitment is to construct enduring societies by championing initiatives that unlock potential and empower beneficiaries.
Key Focus Areas:
- Health: Aligned with Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 3, ACT Foundation strives to ensure the well-being and health of individuals, particularly those within vulnerable and marginalized segments of society. Their belief is that healthy individuals are better equipped to lift themselves out of poverty and contribute productively to society. They extend support to various programs and initiatives that offer innovative and sustainable solutions in Maternal and Child Health and Non-communicable Diseases.
- Environment: In recognition of the pressing global issues of climate change, air and water pollution, soil erosion, land and forest degradation, ACT Foundation is committed to promoting activities that secure access, availability, and sustainable management of water and sanitation. Additionally, they work towards creating inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable cities and human settlements and addressing climate change and its adverse impacts on vulnerable communities. These efforts align with SDG Goals 6 (Clean water and sanitation), 11 (Sustainable cities and communities), and 13 (Climate Action). ACT Foundation provides support to programs and initiatives in Integrated Waste Management, Access to Safe Drinking Water, and Climate Action.
- Leadership: ACT Foundation aims to nurture a new generation of trustworthy, accountable, and ethical leaders who will drive initiatives fostering effective and sustainable economic and human development. Their primary focus is on the development of individuals, with particular attention to young people and women, in areas such as good governance, economic development, and organizational and professional growth. To achieve this, they support initiatives dedicated to Youth Leadership, Thought Leadership, and National Development.
- Entrepreneurship: Sustainable Development Goal 8 emphasizes the necessity of promoting sustained, inclusive, and sustainable economic growth, as well as full and productive employment for all. Research highlights the significant role of entrepreneurship in building resilient infrastructure, encouraging sustainable industrialization, and promoting innovation. In Africa, one of the world’s fastest-growing continents, entrepreneurship is critical for providing access to goods and services, fostering economic growth, and positively impacting underserved communities’ well-being. ACT Foundation’s entrepreneurship initiatives aim to bolster programs that enhance individuals’ and families’ livelihoods through income generation and economic empowerment, ultimately reducing poverty. They focus on areas such as Acquisition of Vocational and Digital Skills, as well as Financial Literacy and Inclusion.
Organizations seeking ACT grants must meet the following requirements:
- Align with ACT Foundation’s core focus areas of Health, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Environment.
- Be officially registered as a legal entity within their respective African countries for a minimum of two years (24 months).
- Hold legal registration as a nonprofit organization (GTE/LTD). However, in the case of social enterprises, the Foundation will only fund initiatives that are not for profit.
- Exhibit a robust governance structure, with details of the board of directors matching the company’s registration documents.
- Demonstrate evidence of additional funding sources.
- Maintain a minimum staff complement of three part-time or full-time paid individuals.
- Be directly responsible for the project’s planning and management, without acting as an intermediary.
- Implement the program or initiative within the African continent.
HOW TO APPLY
to apply 👇 click below link
Successful applicants will receive an invitation to submit a comprehensive proposal along with a detailed budget for the grants. Proposals should outline a strong monitoring and evaluation plan and showcase a sustainable framework. Following a rigorous evaluation conducted by independent consultants, organizations selected for funding will be formally notified of the subsequent steps, which will include interviews and physical site visits.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LOANS , GRANTS, SCHOLARSHIPS, EMPLOYMENT AND GOVERNMENT EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMS,